Convert your hand-lettered sketches into scalable vectors
If you’ve ever wondered how to digitize your lettering or calligraphy with precision, this 3-hour workshop is a great introduction to the vector process. With a vector file, you could scale up without ever distorting or losing sharpness. It’s what most printers and clients want the most.
You will have the option to bring in a sketch of your own to digitally trace or use the example provided. We will not have time to sketch during the workshop.
What you’ll learn:
- Import settings. Bring your sketches onto the computer using your smartphone and prep in Adobe Photoshop.
- File set up. Organize your layers and use guides to set up your files in Adobe Illustrator.
- Plotting points. Where to place your points using the Pen Tool.
- Bezier curves. How to get smooth and precise curves.
- Save settings. Merge paths using Pathfinder.
This workshop is for:
- Beginner’s interested in learning how to digitize their sketches using vector drawing software.
- Students familiar with Illustrator who want to improve their process.
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Smitten on Paper
114 E Lemon Ave, Monrovia, CA 91016
- Laptop with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator installed (30-day trial version is fine)
- Smartphone (with camera)
- Wacom tablet